Sewage Backup Cleanupadmin
While floods and coastal storms (which include hurricanes, nor’easter, and tropical storms) can cause considerable damage to homes and businesses, they also cause sewage backups. Not only are sewage backups expensive to costly to repair on your own, they also create health hazards. Contact Brooklyn Water Damage Repair & Restoration today for help with any sewage backup cleanup.
Causes of sewage backups in Brooklyn include:
- Blockages due to tree roots
- Blockage in the city’s sanitary main
- or even water flooding in the basement.
Brooklyn, New York
Brooklyn is one of the most populous regions in the New York City housing an estimated 2,500,000 residents, over just 71 square miles as of 2017. The number has been growing steadily over the years, and will grow significantly by the end of 2018.
Once an independent incorporated city, Brooklyn was consolidated on January 1st, 1898 with the other cities, boroughs, and counties to form the modern City of New York. In the 21st century today – Brooklyn is an avant garde destination for hipsters. Since 2010, the city has transformed into an animated node of entrepreneurship and high-tech startups, as well as postmodern art and designs.
Why is a sewage backup cleanup necessary?
Discharged waste often crack pipes, or even septic tanks. Consequently, floodwaters channel into the sanitary system of your bathroom due to overflows.
Sewage waters are filled with an incalculable number of different bacteria and parasites – all capable of ruining your health.
These types of situations arise abruptly, so it’s crucial to understand the importance of a sewage backup cleaning service in Brooklyn. Luckily, Brooklyn Water Damage Repair & Restoration is here to help you! We have over a decade of experience, we can assure you that your home, or business, will be restored to prime conditions.
In what ways sewage bacteria is capable of entering in our systems
Harmful bacteria in sewage wastes can penetrate our biological system mainly, by hand-to-mouth (eating or drinking without cleaning hands after touching sewage water), from open wounds, or simply through our eyes or skin during touch.
Many viruses and bacteria have the ability to infect healthy cells from diffused air or contaminated water block by passing through nostrils.
Victims often suffer from diseases like having a minor stomach parasite to as severe as cholera or typhoid, which entirely depends on the extent of the damage and contamination.
Remember these tips for keeping yourself safe from sewage overflow
Follow these guidelines for safety reasons when navigating areas submerged in contaminated waters:
- Cover your hands with a pair of rubber gloves and wear googles for eye protection.
- Apply boiled water and disinfectants following sewage cleanup.
- Remember to wash the clothes you had worn on the same day during the cleanup process, and disinfect your washing machine as well.
- Treat and disinfect any wounds on your body with warm water as fast as possible.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you or any of your beloved family members have fallen sick afterwards.
What do I do with my furniture?
The following are the best instructions for items and furniture in your room after a sewage backup cleanup.
- Discharge any sewage smeared insulation or drywall
- Dispose of anything with good absorptive capacity (pillows, rugs, books, etc)
- Keep children out of the room at all times!
- Extensively clean and disinfect larger furniture with warm water
- Keep evidence by taking photos of items before you start removing them. As a result, the whole insurance claim process will be simpler.
- Call professional, septic system inspectors for an ultimate checkup.
Brooklyn Water Damage Repair & Restoration is your go-to company for sewage backup cleanup. We help you take care of the grossest and nastiest cleanup process so you don’t have to! We utilize the most up-to-date tools with newly innovated cleaning processes to perform a complete deep clean of your property.
Minimizing the bad smell
Foul orders can be a daunting challenge to undergo following a sewage backup cleanup. Therefore, it is mandatory to minimize and eradicate the malodorous stench.
- Air scrubbers can be adjusted to any area of a property. It sucks in the air for filtrating – this also includes smoke, dust, and gas particles.
- Activated charcoal is an effective tool for removing odors resulting in from sewage leak; however, it is more commonly used following a fire remedial practice.
Contact Brooklyn Water Damage Repair & Restoration anytime to fight sewage overflows, or any other emergencies. We are open 24/7 for your convenience. The company has been serving the Brooklyn community for over 10 years, that’s loyalty you can’t ignore.
So, call us today for your free estimate at: (347)-916-9979
Check our our other services: